Rules and Terms of Submission:
1. Films must have been completed after Jan 1, 2016.
2. Submissions can be in any language but must include English subtitles.
3. Submissions must include a 1-page supplementary statement describing how the film promotes the understanding of Japanese culture.
4. To receive the award, the winner(s) must be present at the celebratory screening in September 2018. Airfare and accommodations will be provided.
5. The University of Pittsburgh must be afforded the rights to screen the film for the public during the awards ceremony (September 2018).
6. Submission gives University of Pittsburgh rights to publish stills from submitted films for promotional materials only. Films/artists will be credited.